Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

wongdavidw
My Device: BOLD 9000
My Carrier: Three
Accepted Solution

BLACKBERRY XMAS PROMOTION

Hi all,

Just confirming a validity of a blackberry xmas promotion

I have received a text message from blackberry saying that my phone number has been selected in the BLACKBERRY MOBILE XMAS PROMO with ref no: BB011..

Email blackberryclaimsdept@live.com for claims

If the business realised this is a scam, some sort of action must be taken to avoid further damage to the company image.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BLACKBERRY XMAS PROMOTION

I've heard of no Christmas promotion from RIM.  You might check with your carrier and see if it's something from them but it doesn't look like that's the case either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
wongdavidw
My Device: BOLD 9000
My Carrier: Three

yeah..

i reckoned it is a scam..

I hope just others dont get hooked..

cheers..

Please use plain text.
KateBee
My Device: Not Specified

Hey I'm on the same hunt as you for information. I got the same text but my Ref number was different. I don't even own a blackberry! If you find out anything else can you post it here and I'll do the same. Cheers K

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

This is not a promotion run by BlackBerry/RIM.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Visitor
jallowibson
My Device: Not Specified

hi men me 2 i recieved da mess to phone which is a blackberry even.that my phone number has won a sum of 150,000 U.S.$ wit ref no;BB10 i dont know where how to recieve this sum.plz if this true or false let me know.

THANKS.

Please use plain text.
opengold
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: 1

hi mans I also got an email with the following content - Your Email ID has been awarded one million pounds sterling only BlackBerry Xmas Promo United Kingdom Send Details, Name: Address: Phone: CountryCHARLES PLANK <c.a.plank@insightbb.com>

Guys this is real or fraud?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

opengold wrote:

hi mans I also got an email with the following content - Your Email ID has been awarded one million pounds sterling only BlackBerry Xmas Promo United Kingdom Send Details, Name: Address: Phone: CountryCHARLES PLANK <c.a.plank@insightbb.com>

Guys this is real or fraud?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given that content, I'd deduce it to be "not real" ("fraud" carries a totally different meaning).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.