Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange UK

BlackBerry Balance, BYOD and BES

Hi folks. I'm hoping someone can help me understand something. I currently have a personal BIS BB, and was quoted around £30/month to provision it for BES so I could use it for work as well.

With the advent of blackberry balance and BES10, if I wish to use a personal BlackBerry or PlayBook does that still apply?  The features of Balance look great, but if it still requires the user to have a BES plan on a personal BB, wouldn't that kill BB in the BYOD arena? 

Thanks, Nik

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BlackBerry Balance, BYOD and BES

[ Edited ]

Hey nikgilbe,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This would depend on what you are using BlackBerry® Balance with, BlackBerry® Enterprise Server or  BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express.

If you are using BlackBerry® Balance with a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server then you would require a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server service plan and if being used with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express then a BlackBerry® Internet Service data plan would be required for the BlackBerry® smartphone. 

You can find more information on BlackBerry® Balance here: http://ca.blackberry.com/business/software/blackberry-balance.html#tab-1

I hope this helps.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!