Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

maplebaconburgr
My Device: Torch 9800

BlackBerry OS6: Repeating Calendar Events Broken?

Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing the strangest issue when trying to add a calendar event in BlackBerry OS6, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to work around this issue.

Basically, the problem happens when trying to book a repeating event at a time where the current GMT time differs from the current local time. For example, I am trying to book an event that happens every week at 10 pm edt on a tuesday, but BlackBerry 6 ends up booking the event every week at 10 pm EDT the Wednesday instead, presumably because the GMT date does indeed occur on the Wednesday. When I tried to set it to repeat on the Tuesday, it ended up repeating on both the Tuesday and Wednesday, leaving me out of further options.

Has anyone experienced this issue, and if so, are there any good work-arounds My current solution is to have my event say it is on Monday so that it books on Tuesday, but this is undesirable because it is displaying Monday when you view the event series.

Please use plain text.