Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jsaggio
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 3.5mm connectors

Do all of the Blackberry versions that have 3.5mm audio/voice headset connectors use the same "pinout" or signal assignment? Does anyone know the differences between the iPhone pinouts and Blackberry 3.5mm pinouts?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Blackberry 3.5mm connectors

No, not all BlackBerrys have 3.5mm connectors. Only the newer devices have them. The 3.5mm connectors are standard connectors. Nothing special.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jsaggio
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it, but I'm afraid it does not address my question.

I'm aware that Blackberry comes with 2.5mm and 3.5mm audio/voice jacks.

The question is: is the pinout, meaning signal assignment for tip, ring1, ring2 and sleeve, the same on all of the blackberry 3.5mm connectors.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mjenkins
My Device: Several

jsaggio, as far as I know, all 3.5mm BlackBerries use the same signaling for the port.  All standard 3.5mm plugs will work with these.  There is always the chance that certain units have additional signaling capabilities for future services, but to date, they all support standard plugs equally.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

jsaggio wrote: Does anyone know the differences between the iPhone pinouts and Blackberry 3.5mm pinouts?

There are two models of iPhone : the iPhone 1 has a 3.5mm pinout but it is burried in a tiny hole so that regular pin can't get into it. you have to buy an Apple product (10$) to be ble to use your favorite earplug.
the iPhone 2 (aka iPhone 3G) has a regular 3.5mm that can be used with any earplug.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.