Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
shopaholicCB
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Curve Radio "Off", how to turn back on?

OK, I have discovered that when I searched this problem, a lot of people have been having the same problem:  The battery gets too low (something I will NEVER let happen again after this annoyance), and the radio gets turned off.

So, the problem is I have followed everyone's directions to go to "Manage Connections" Icon, and check the box next to "Mobile Network."  Even when the box is checked and the circle next to it turns green, it is still saying my radio is turned off.  

So when I scroll down to "services status" is says that my blackberry internet service is "not connected." How do I fix this??  PLEASE HELP!!!! thanks so much!! 

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Blackberry Curve Radio "Off", how to turn back on?

Try to do the device reset.

Do the following: 

When device is ON, remove the battery, wait a minute and turn the battery back to the device.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shopaholicCB

Thanks so much! It worked!  It is sort of a pain that you have to take the whole battery out when you come across a problem like this when it shouldn't even be happening in the first place but at least I got it fixed!! THANKS AGAIN!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

You're welcome :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
techz
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I ran into this problem with a BlackBerry Curve.  Is this the only known way to revive the battery?  

I tried making a call and the phone did not prompt "would you like to turn the radio on?" as some other forum threads have suggested.

I tried turning the radio on manually through manage connections.

I then tried calling 911.  The radio turned on immediately (I'm guessing this wasn't a coincidence).

The radio remained on long enough for me to make a few other calls (about five minutes) after I hung up with 911, before it turned back off and would not allow me to make calls for another 20 minutes or so. 

I'm debating if I should keep this phone now.  I can see this scenario unfolding hundreds, if not thousands, of times:

1. Battery too low to make call.

2. Start charging battery.

3. Do not want to wait 30-45 minutes.

4. Do not want to spend 5+ minutes removing case protector, battery cover, battery, and then reinstalling.  I'd end up dropping the phone half the time, especially in a hurry. 

5. Call 911.  Hang up as soon as radio turns on.

6. Make phone call.  Complain to person on other end of the line that I own a BlackBerry and while it is not as bad as the LG products I've owned, it certainly doesn't make functioning as a phone its first priority.

Message Edited by techz on 03-14-2009 03:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Visitor
pdebride

My radio has been off for the past 4 hours and it wont turn back on.  I dont know what to do.  I tried calling 911 but that didnt help.  I took my battery out 5 times so far,  I performed a master radio reset several times but I still have the same problem.  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
sweetkat
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: vodaphone

OMG I LOVE YOU!! This is the second time this has happened to me in 2 weeks and I solved it the first time by playing around with settlings and the battery, but it happened again and thanks to you, I solved it right away :smileyhappy: you're wonderful, thanks so so so SO much! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Zareef
My Device: 8320

i m all Ready do that but msg is same

i m also change the bettery but its not removing

what can i do

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mamaasif

This problem also happened to me a few weeks ago. When trying to do Mobile Internet(using BDM) it showed "...Radio turn off...'' If there is a key lock password, try to disable the password. If still not successful, do backup and then do security wipe. It works for me.

http://myinfoishere.blogspot.com/

Please use plain text.
cocoabeach72
My Carrier: Sprint

Thank you so much!  At last I can reply to all messages after hours of going through every single command, application, nook & cranny in my Curve before turning to the Forum for help.  Will not waste so much time next time.  U guys rock:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.