Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: rogers
Accepted Solution

Blackberry ID password reset

How can I reset my Blackberry ID password if I forgot the answer to my password reset question?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry ID password reset

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this KB:

• KB26361 How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password

It contains a section that should work for you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks very much - that was so simple and now I can get my husband to write down his new password!

Hall of Famer II

You are very welcome...enjoy!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: non- blackberry user
My Carrier: blackberry

Now, I have reset my passwords and it is working fine in PC but I can’t log in on the BB. It saw me message, “Unable to login in to my BB account”.

Eric Lewis
Hall of Famer II

Eric_lewis wrote:

Now, I have reset my passwords and it is working fine in PC but I can’t log in on the BB. It saw me message, “Unable to login in to my BB account”.

Hello,

Try this:

• KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: mtn

[ Edited ]

Hi I'm lebo and my email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I forgot my recovery answer to the question please help me.

[Post edited to remove personal information.]

Hall of Famer II

Relebohile wrote:
Hi I'm lebo and my email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I forgot my recovery answer to the question please help me.

Start first with these please:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question
  • KB32111 "The link is no longer valid." is encountered when attempting to reset a BlackBerry ID password
  • KB26361 How to change or reset the BlackBerry ID password
  • KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address
  • KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox

If you have forgotten your BB ID credentials AND have non-BB access (e.g., Outlook, webmail, etc.) to the email account that is currently configured to your BB ID account, then those instructions should allow you to recover access to your BB ID account.

However, if you do not have access to that email account, then your challenge is much greater, and you have a choice to make depending on your circumstances:

1. If you have no AppWorld records that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. To do so, however, does require a device WIPE:
    • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
  2. But, if you do have AppWorld records that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be resetting your current BB ID so that you can again access it or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior AppWorld purchase records.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Hi,

Will there be loss of any personal data (following a backup to microSD and pc) upon replacing the BBID with a new one, using the original email?

I would like to transfer to a new BB but am worried about losing personal data/contacts if i have to replace my BBID.

What will i lose, if anything?

Thanks

Hall of Famer II

Abandoning a BBID requires a device WIPE, so all data on the device is lost, requiring restore from the backup to recover it. But, not all data is backed up...refer to the link in my auto-sig on this post for specific information.

Given your scenario, I think the most likely thing you will lose is BBM contacts -- if you are on BBM7 or greater, that is. If you are on pre-BBM7, then if you properly follow the backup instructions you can restore your BBM contacts after the wipe. But, for BBM7 and since there is no ability to do so as they are associated with the BBID and stored "in the cloud".

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates