Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
SandradT
My Device: Q5
Accepted Solution

Blackberry ID

I've just purchased a new BB and forgot the original e-mail address that I used on my first BB for BB ID. When I change the e-mail address and password on my PC, I am able to log in, but as soon as I enter the same details on my phone, I get the following message: 'You can't sign in with a different Blackberry ID on this device. Sign in with the original Blackberry ID on this device.'  Nowhere on this site can I find this particular query. Somebody please help.

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Re: Blackberry ID

Hello SandradT

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

VIA |  sdgardne Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/How-to-regain-access-to-your-BBID/td-p/25467...

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

New Contributor
SandradT
My Device: Q5

Hallo, whoever you are!

Thanx so much for the advice. I wiped my phone, and started everything from the beginning. Now all is working again.

Thanx again!

Sandra

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Thank you for your participation in the forum

And to the topic as solved.

Regards... Atte: gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

New Contributor
laylamaus
My Device: 10

Hi, i followed the link you posted for the sticky and I am still not having any luck.  I have reset my BB ID account and reset password/security question.  I can log on to BB through browser but when i try it on my device, i get an error saying "you can't sign in with a different blackberry ID on this device.  Sign in the original BB ID used on this device".  When i hit "forgot password" it lets me answer with my new security question but it will not recoqnize the new password.  Help.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

laylamaus wrote:

Hi, i followed the link you posted for the sticky and I am still not having any luck.  I have reset my BB ID account and reset password/security question.  I can log on to BB through browser but when i try it on my device, i get an error saying "you can't sign in with a different blackberry ID on this device.  Sign in the original BB ID used on this device".  When i hit "forgot password" it lets me answer with my new security question but it will not recoqnize the new password.  Help.

Refer:

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code