Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
shaikatkol
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry India Payment method problem

I am a Blackberry user from last 1yr. I am facing real problem in purchasing application from App World. There is 2method of payment 1.Credit card 2.Paypal. Here we, most of the people in India posses DEBIT Card,not the credit card. So we are unable to purchase apps from App world with our Debit card. I have tried to purchase apps by virtual prepaid card which acts as credit card but failed. I am requesting you to Enable the option of Purchase by Debit card. If any personnel from Blackberry get to see my post please convey it through proper channel so that the Debit card payment option can be started. I have got no contact details to whom I can request, so posting here in forum. Friends if you have contact details to whom I can request for that problem, please let me know. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lehoangnhan1492
My Device: BlackBerry 10
My Carrier: developer

Re: Blackberry India Payment method problem

I think you can choose another tool like paypal to purchase the app from BlackBerry World. It is very simple to create an account by using your  visa debit card. 

The problem of your card seem to be ralated to the bank. some cards are easily to access the payment and some are rejected. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shaikatkol

Thank You Lehoanghan, It is a Alternate  method of payment but Paypal charges are the extra charge you have to bear via transaction throuh paypal. Wouldn't it be nice if we pay through Visa /Master Debit card directly. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nhanle1492
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: VMS Mobifone

May be the problem here is your card is not supported by BB World

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shaikatkol

Yes Nhanle, my Card Is Not Supported As BB App World Support Credit Card +Paypal Only Not Debit Card. Mine Is DEBIT card. You know, Credit Card Is Not Available For Everyone. But anybody With Savings Account Gets DEBIT CARD, So It Will be Convenient Paying Through Debit Card. Many Of My Friend Wants To Buy App But Fails To Do So Due To The Payment Option. In Many Countries Debit Card Is Accepted In BB App World, I Heard. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shaikatkol

I have signed up a Paypal account yesterday with Debit Card. I have opened this paypal account only to Buy app from Blackberry App world. If i do not use that paypal account for 1 or 2yr as I may not need to purchase any app by paypal.
1.Will paypal charge any money from my Bank Debit card while inactive as account fee/any other charge?
2. Can they charge without my online password/ATM pin?(While opening they have charged INR.123 ($1.95) just getting my debit card number NOT my ATM password/PIN).
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shaikatkol

Finally got solution how to make payment & purchase software or app from Blackberry appworld in India. If you don't have credit card or Paypal then payment can not be done. Debit cards are not accepted in India. You have to open an account in International Bank who supports international payment (in my case I've opened in Citibank). And use their Debit card in Blackberry app world payment method. Your card will be accepted and a fee (~104) will be duducted from your account. Then you can buy any software from app store. Enjoy... Let us know if you've succeed...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Haroonkhalid
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Warid

Use another tool
========================================================
If you find my solution helpful then go to options and mark solved
Or you can just click the thumbs up button .
Follow me on twitter :
@haroonkhalid111
Thanks ,
Regards
Haroonkhalid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shaikatkol

Hello Haroonkhalid,
Tell me about the another tool you know.
Please use plain text.
stephenpy
My Device: Q10

Check ur debit card type. You are now required to have a chip and pin card which will allow the card to perform functions similar to a credit card. If your on a mastercard or a visa network u won't have any issues using the debit for app purchase. I use a citibank debit master card from my india account.

Please use plain text.