Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
PBare
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Pearl and T-Mobile

Not so much a question as a complaint. My two daughters talked me into a Pearl, which is not a terrible phone, though we have had our share of problems over the last year.

Three phones, one major problem and now this. The clincher is my daughter was walking into the house with her phone and the trackball assembly popped out and landed in the grass.  Talking to T-Mobile if the phone is missing parts, the phone is no longer under warranty.  What sort of BS is this?

No traumatic deal for us.  I suggested we cancel our account, my daughters relented.  My daughter replaced the phone out of her own pocket.  I'm thinking if any of these 3 phones even ring incorrectly it's time to move on to a company that backs their hardware up at least as long as their product warranty.

Conclusion: Do not get a Blackberry Pearl - it is NOT a good phone. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Pearl and T-Mobile

For $15 you could replace the trackball with one new. Such a simple process.

I have not heard of the 8100 models self-destructing like that, likely it was lose somehow. 

All the same, easily fixed for long-term enjoyment!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.