Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

ramusaf
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Screen Icons

Where exactly in the options do I find the BOOST option?
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

If you are referring to audio boost, click on your media icon, hit the menu key, select options. Audio boost should be the last one.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
ramusaf

Does this have anything to do with the symbol that appears on the phone wile making a call?  It looks like a flag with stars and has a blue and a black section.

Thanks

Randy

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

I'm gonna have to say no at this point. I turned it on and I didn't get the icon. I'm sure someone will know what it is. Just hang tight.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
ebjorkman
My Device: Bold 9000

I'm also new to BB and just joined the forum to see if I could find out more about this very problem.  Using the Bold and getting the same flag-type icon with stars (or squares - I don't remember which one right now) going up from left to right when calling out.  It's all greyscale, though, not in color.  I'll try Lorrie's suggestions to see if it helps, but I get the feeling from these posts that it won't.  Looked right away in the owner's manual and the icon is not listed there which I found strange.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

it is the Audio Boost. It is available for OS 4.3 and more.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Allyson67

OMG!!   That's exactly my problem! My phone had been acting up....its got something to do with the speaker...crackly...they can hear me but I can't hear them!  Now everything I make a call, that blue and black icon with diaganol stars shows up! What is that!!???
amandasewell12

ok this happened to me too and after looking everywhere online i finally found how to fix it, what happend was, sometime when you placed a call you accidently pressed the L button (this activates some feature i did not know about until now), anyways to make it go away, place a call (voicemail is most convienent) and push the L button once the call is connected, you may have to press it again but youll notice when you press the L button the icon changes.  Push the L button until the icon goes away. hope this helps
jmasak

Thanks for the update on this 'L' (boost).  I had one of my users come to me this AM and ask about the blue/black rectangle icon when calling.  This took care of the situation. 

Angelsiz1879
My Device: curve 8300

[ Edited ]

Thank you SPEEDS for your answer!! You are the only person that has been able to define what the icon is, what it means, and how to remove it. I did as you said and it was removed. I have another question. I downloaded ringtones for my phone to assign to a specific contact. However, when I assign the ringer to the contact it is somehow the ringer for all calls. I think I've tried everything...let me know if you can think of anything else...and how do i change the tone for messages? That beep is driving me crazy.....Thank you again....Dawn