Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
rabbitupnorth
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

CALENDAR ENTRIES

i have a Torch 9800 with OS 6.0. My Contacts include 999 contacts from Gmail profile #1, 81 contacts from Gmail profile #2, and 55 contacts labeled "unknown", presumably from an older BlackBerry or Outlook. Many of these contacts have birthdays or anniversaries in the reactive fields of the listing's. I'm gradually cutting and pasting the "uknown" entries, moving those listing's to one of the gmail accounts.

In my Calendar, calendar listings are shown from profile #1, profile #2, "default" and facebook. I am not aware of any dates in the 55 "unknown" contact listings. The "default" listings appear to be dates entered directly in the calendar, possibly from an older BlackBerry or Outlook.

I am trying to ensure that all the dates, birthdays & anniversaries, are flowing from the Gmail contact listing's to my Calendar , and then eliminate redundant calendar listings. However, not all these dates are flowing through to the calendar, possibly because of the "default" calendar listings for the same contacts. 

In order to clean up my calendar, must I manually delete all the "default" listings from the calendar,  then go back and delete and add back dates in the Gmail contacts? 

Are there technical articles on contact entries/lists and calendar entries/calendars that I can read as a reference?

Please use plain text.