Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Call Waiting Indicator Message

BillJ wrote:

I'm with Rogers in Canada and when I call someone who is already on a call with another, my phone makes a beep and my screen displays "busy".  That's the way Rogers has it set up.  It would be up to the carrier to decide what, if anything, is displayed on the phone.

I hope that clears things up.  :smileyhappy:

I agree with Bill and Alex. Both of you pointed the right thing. However, I also agree with OP too.

Call waiting is carrier dependent feature no doubt about that which allows calls to be reach the second party. Mobile operators also uses different ringtones  to distinguish whether a person is already on a call or not. But a phone can also detect the same and provide 1st party (caller) visible alert on the screen that 2ns party (called number) is taking a call. These days smartphone (like BlackBerry, iPhone) are not able to produce these. But some other smartphone (even phone with voice and SMS only) are capable to produce that.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

this is interesting tanzim. Can you name some models please? Maybe I can check this feature directly around my friends.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

As far as I know almost all Nokia Phones (like, x6, S6500, C6, X7, X2-1) Motorola, Samsung (non andriod) etc. I will try to share a video if possible.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

I know it is an old discussion, but I still don't understand what you are referring to. Are you still able to share a video, tanzim ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.