Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

elzaalouk
My Device: Not Specified

Call Waiting Indicator Message

Dear,

I'm new to bb and i've noticed that when i call someone who is engaged in call i can't recognize it as it's not like Nokia or any other Symbian Device that shows CALL WAITING to know that the other party has a call.

Wanted to know is this available on the new Torch OS 6?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
melsatar
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Call Waiting Indicator Message

yes i have the same issue, is there any solution ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
melsatar
My Device: Torch 9800

any feedback here

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

this feature is carrier related, and not related to the mobile phone you are using.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AhmedEzz
My Device: Bold 9900

Sorry but you are saying is not true as this feature is working on other phones so it is a problem with the BB phones only and it is available from the mobile network but not recognized by the BB
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

when you call someone, the ringing you hear is called "ringback tone". This ringback tone is defined by the mobile carrier of the person you are calling. Your own phone simply lets you hear what the other carrier sends. so for a given person that is in a call, if you call him with a BlackBerry phone or any other phone, what you will hear will be exactly the same (it will be the ringback tone). Some carriers give a different ringtone when the recipient is on call, some carriers will allow the subscriber to choose the ringback tone too.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AhmedEzz
My Device: Bold 9900

Dear Xandrex, This seems to be a very big problem in the BB phones, that is when you call someone and it has an active call you don't have any notification of that you are on a queue, i.e : the BB rings normally as if the other one is in standby mode. This feature is called waiting call notifier which is a mobile feature and a mobile network feature also , if the mobile network has disabled this feature then you will not have a notification but this will clearly be obvious because it will not work on all the mobile phones but on the other side if the mobile network has enabled this feature then it will be available in alot of mobile phones like those running Symbian OS and IOS ( Nokia , Samsung , SonyEricsson , Alcatel , IPhone , .....) but for the BB mobile phone it's not working because it seems it is not found in their s/w . I hope this feature can be fixed in any s/w update by adding it , as it is a very important feature that we are really missing in the BB mobile phones. Eng Ahmed Ezz El Deen
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

when use my Blackberry device and I call a friend (let's call him Joe), and Joe is already on line, I can hear a different ringing so I already know that Joe is on line.

on the other hand, if I call another friend, let's call her Nadia, and she has configured her mobile account differently, if she is in a phone conversation, I will get the same ringing as if she were not using her mobile phone.

This is fact. This doe not depend on my BlackBerry at all. It does not even depend on the mobile phone Joe and Nadia are using, but it depends on the way Joe configured his number and it depends on the way Nadia configured her number.

I hope these two examples are clearer than my previous message.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ahmedz
My Device: Curve 3G 9300

It's not a big deal for fixing this issue in the SW rather than concentrating on how the riniging sounds like!!! :Phone:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I'm with Rogers in Canada and when I call someone who is already on a call with another, my phone makes a beep and my screen displays "busy".  That's the way Rogers has it set up.  It would be up to the carrier to decide what, if anything, is displayed on the phone.

I hope that clears things up.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.