Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
_joshua
My Device: Not Specified

Caller ID shows only company name and not person's name

I've seen this question asked on several posts on this and other forums, but I have not seen an answer to this question.  My BB Storm shows only the company name and phone number on the caller ID and not the person's name.  How can I get either the name, company and phone number to show or just the name and the phone number.

Am I missing a setting?

New Developer
DigitalMofo

Re: Caller ID shows only company name and not person's name

You are missing quite the addressbook. If you scroll down you'll see a private range. Unless you having a problem to save as something else as work, but that is solved. You'll just have it displayed exactly from where you enter it.

Gime Kudos please.

New Contributor
_joshua

I have no idea what you're trying to say.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

in the contact page, are you sure the name is at the correct place ?
for example here is what can happen :

Outlook.Company -> Blackberry.Name
Outlook.Name -> Blackberry.PostalAddress

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
marshalleq

Actually, I don't beleive this is really fixed.  The problem is that when you have many contacts (such as a corporate address book containing contacts for both your company and others) seeing just a company name doesn't help to know which of the 3000 people in that company are calling.  This is an option that needs to be configurable, whereby if there is data in the company field, the company is not automatically used as the caller ID.  We should be able to have a setting that says, "When an incoming callers ID is displayed, display Username first if available".  This is what is missing.  Now if I could find a bug page for RIM to fix it.  Apparently if you use a custom field and rename it to company and put your data in there, it resolves the issue.  Hardly a fix in my opinion.
roddie

I'm having the same issue on my Curve 8330 - When someone in my Address Book (with the Company field filled in) calls me from their "Work" number, only their Company shows up with the number, not their name.  When they call me from a different number, I get Name/Number/Company.  I've switched between themes (default, custom, etc.) and the problem follows.  Goofy, and annoying.
csf061140

[ Edited ]
My company just switched from ATT to Verizon. Upgraded us from an 8310 to the 8330 as well. Same issue. My contact list if correct and field is as it should be, but I still only get the company name when a call comes in. Did not have this problem with the 8310
Message Edited by csf061140 on 04-21-2009 12:39 AM
Message Edited by csf061140 on 04-21-2009 12:40 AM
llcrooks
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550

OK, I'm a Blackberry dummy. I have the same problem but from your reply I cannot figure out what I need to change to get it to show the user name.  Can you give more specific directions?  I have a Storm 2.

BQ
BQ
My Device: Curve 8320

This has just happened to me without warning, I now do not know who is calling me - just their Company name. Very frustrating.

Has anybody come up with a solution?

BWQ