Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
bishscott
My Device: blackberry
My Carrier: sprint

Can;t read e-mails

I have a blackberry world phone, its 6 months old. I am not sure the model. I live in the US, and now I am in Germany for buisness. Since I have been here, I can't access my phone messages. I get my recording saying leave a message. It sounds simple, but can't figure out how to read my messages now. It acts like I am a different person calling in to leave  a message.

Any help appreciated...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Can;t read e-mails

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I'm confused...are these voice mail messages left on your BB phone number? Or are these some other type of message. At one point you said "phone messages"...which sounds like voice mail to me. Then you said you want to "read" your messages...which would not be voice mail. So, please let us know what exactly you are looking for.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Check with you mobile operator that they have roaming (both voice and data) agreement with operators in Germany.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bishscott

I am sorry for the confusion, I messed up on my original post.

I can't listen to voice mails. I have 8 voice mails stored, and can't listen to them. When I call voice mail, it thinks I am someone else leaving a message. The problem started when I arrived in Germany.

Thanks...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bishscott

I should point out, that it worked fine in Germany 5 months ago. My co-worker has the same phone and he has used it twice in Germany.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

It's definitely something between your home carrier and the carrier on which you are roaming in Germany. You will need to ring them up (possibly both of them) to find out how to configure your phone (note...this is NOT a BB function, but a pure voice/phone function) to access the voice mail system that you desire while roaming in Germany.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.