Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700 OS v5.0.0.862
My Carrier: AIS

Change the date format from mm/dd to dd/mm

Is there any way to change the date format? Currently, my today screen, calendar app, etc is set to display dates as mm/dd. I'd like to change it to the UK format (dd/mm) but I have not been able to find a single method that works. I've tried themes as some have recommended but once I install them, it's still showing mm/dd.

I'm not unfamiliar with upgrading the OS and "slimming" it down, so even a method that requires me to remove US resource files will be okay.

Frankly I'm disappointed RIM doesn't provide users with a "Regional Settings" type option like in Windows to change the date format.

Any advice would be most appriciated.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telkomsel ID

Re: Change the date format from mm/dd to dd/mm

Yes you can change Date format from mm/dd to dd/mm its done automatically by " Display language " selected :

Go to Menu : Setup - choose  - Language and Input Methods - look for " Display Language" there is a  small window with down arrow , click the down arrow and ,  change from " English"  to " English (UK)  "for DD / MM ,date format , or change to       " English (US) "  for MM / DD date format.

Hope this help .

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: virgin mobile

Re: Change the date format from mm/dd to dd/mm

I'd like to change the format to YYYY/MM/DD so it won't matter which country I am in.

How do I do that?

ics.com - Where Qt experts work.