Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jstavene
My Device: torch 9810

Comparison of features? I want 4g and ability to use as a wifi hotspot?

Hello does anyone know of any model of blackberry that can handle 4g and be able to act as a wifi hotspot,,,?

I use a e reader,,a laptop,,, and small devices,, but the ability to just carry my phone and use it to connect has massive appeal I used to do this with a palm pre,,, I like the keyboards on blackberries and want to stay with this brand,, I have att as my carrier, but would pay cash,,, the comparison app on the blackberry page did not list 4g for any torch models when I looked,, so do no torches work at all? Would I have to load the os version from att or (which would mean my choices were further cut,, and the phone further neutered?) Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Comparison of features? I want 4g and ability to use as a wifi hotspot?

Any BlackBerry phone that supports OS 7.1 will fit the bill but before you go buy one, you must make sure AT&T supports the Wi-Fi Hotspot feature. If they don't, you're out of luck. If they do, the Torch 9850/9860 and the Bold 9900 are a couple of choices.

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.