Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Do not have it yet
My Carrier: No device yet

DRM Support on BlackBerry

Hello, 

Could you please share the following information with us, pease:

PlayReady DRM (Digital Rights Management)

Do you support license delivery for PlayReady DRM Encrypted content ?

• If so how this has been accomplished ? 
  • Do we have control to generate license challenge ? Or this happens automatically, if so are we able to pass so called "Custom data" Into the challenge ? 

Formats

• Do you support playback of Smooth Streaming (PIFF) PlayReady Encrypted content ?
  • Do you support playback of ASF (WMV, WMA - codecs) PlayReady Encrypted content ?

WMRM (Windows Media Rights Management) DRM 

• Do you support license delivery for WMRM DRM Encrypted content ? 

Formats

ASF (WMV, WMA).

Other technologies

• Do you support FlashAccess DRM ?

Documentation

Can you reffer or provide documentation which coveres all our questions, if you have such documentation that will be very helpful, if not are you able to clarify this questions for us in this forum please ? 

Let us know 

Thank you 

Regards,

Andrew.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: DRM Support on BlackBerry

for Windows Media rights management, you can look at the BlackBerry Media sync, I guess 100% of files in Windows Media Player can be synchronized with the BlackBerry smartphones.

about file formats, you should read this article from the public knowledge base:
Article ID: KB05482 Media types that are supported on the BlackBerry smartphone
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05482

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: DRM Support on BlackBerry

Hi _andrew_,

Did you find any information about PlayReady or other DRM streaming support on RIM devices? The only thing I was able to find is OMA DRM 1.0 Forward lock... (http://devblog.blackberry.com/2009/12/explaining-digital-rights-management/)

Thanks a lot

STeN