Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Dropped my Blackberry, coud i have done any damage?

unfortunatly dropped it yesterday when hands were full and was holding between ear and shoulder. lucky cosmetically its fine, dropped it on a linoleum floor. my question is other than cosmetic, is it possible to have caused any internal damage that i need to be worried about, or to check out
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless

Re: Dropped my Blackberry, coud i have done any damage?

Only time will tell.  Most I would expect to happen would be your SIM card to move but still unlikely..

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

You may have caused the bit bucket to spill internally  :smileywink:

If your display didn't crack, I agree with TheGodfather - the most likely result is your sim card may have been jostled a bit.  I had that happen with my wife's phone.  Everything else is pretty much solid state so it is usually an all or nothing proposition.

posted by DigitalFrog

what is the bit bucket? is it bad for the sim card to move?
Contributor

I think mr frog was just kidding around about the bit bucket.  The SIM card should be fine.  Typically if its been jarred loose you get a SIM Card Rejected or Insert SIM message, you then just have to take the battery out and re insert the SIM and put the battery back in.  SIM cards are only relevant to GSM carriers/devices.
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Yeah, I was just yanking your USB cable with the bit bucket thing, it's an old IT joke.  If it hasn't stopped working by now, you should be OK.
posted by DigitalFrog

i have dropped my blackberry pearl in my garage (a  hard surface) and in my living room on the carpet (a soft surface). on both occassions the next time i got a text message or a phone call...my phone would vibrate but it would not play the ringtone. so my sound has been affected...but thats all. (that ive noticed so far anways) to fix it i just power it off and take the battery out and put it back in. not sure if this is gonna help...but just thought i would add it anyways.
today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.