Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
minardski
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Duplicate email (synch problem of BIS?)

Why i received my gmail twice?

First on my gmail icon, and second on the main mail (inbox) icon.

i deleted and re-install my email, but still i received twice.  The second email is coming from : Unknown Source.

Please help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Duplicate email (synch problem of BIS?)

Hi minardski,

When integrating an email account onto your BlackBerry® smartphone, that email account receives its own folder, plus it appears in the main Messages folder.  This is designed so that if you have several email accounts, they will all appear in the main Messages folder as a "Unified" email inbox.

So, the email is not being duplicated, it is just available to read in 2 different folders.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
minardski
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: MTN

hello,

i am aware of that.

but if in the Messaging/Options/Inbox management, if you uncheck the email address you do not want to appear in Main Messaging, then the email will only show in the email folder.

In this case, if I uncheck from the Inbox Management my gmail account, then all the emails will show only in the gmail icon, and not in the main messaging. This is the case before.

The strange thing happened when I traveled overseas, got a local BIS, and then I went back to my country and subcribe to another BIS. The emails started to duplicate and despite unchecking it in the Inbox Management, or deleting it in BB and in web setup, the emails keep duplicating, where the duplicate email in the Main Messaging box is coming from Unknown Source.

Could it be that there is a conflict in the BIS servers between my country's provider and my overseas provider?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

If you go into your main Messages inbox, open one of the duplicate emails then scroll to the very top, what does the Received Using show?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.