Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

bellasmom30
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

Email Setup Problems

I just got a replacement phone and have to set everything up again. I have a Curve 8530 When i go to Email Setup - it doesn't have an option to set up an account. it just says, "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server." I just want to set up a personal account and that was the only option it gives me. any help?

Thanks!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Email Setup Problems

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

To use the proprietary RIM Push email capability, you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), you will then have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard.

Since you say this is a replacement, it is highly likely that your carrier has not yet shifted everything over to your new BB. Contact them.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
boosha
My Device: Curve 8530 OS 5.0.0.734

I had this same problem a week ago. After I set up my phone by restoring the information from my old 8330 multiple times (I was thinking that it was a bad restore causing the problem, since my computer did lock up during the initial restore), I did a battery pull. When the BB rebooted, my personal email accounts were all active again and applications like BlackBerry App World showed up on my home screen.

mjmsam05
My Device: Curve 8530

I have an 8530 that keeps telling me to authenticate my account.  It keeps telling me that I have an invalid username and password - how do I fix this - the e-mail and password are NOT incorrect.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

mjmsam05 wrote:

I have an 8530 that keeps telling me to authenticate my account.  It keeps telling me that I have an invalid username and password - how do I fix this - the e-mail and password are NOT incorrect.

Hello,

Sorry...but it's pretty precise...what I suspect is happening is that, as happens all too often (especially with device lock passwords), the keys you are pressing are not sending the characters you expect. ALT, CTRL, SHIFT, etc. can all modify what the actual key sends. You need to be certain that the keys you are pressing are sending what is required for the password.

If all else fails on the device, use your carriers BIS web interface from a PC/Browser:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
mehaggs
My Device: World Edition

I have had the same problem with my blackberry world edition and my aol account for the past 30 days.  The first two times verizon was able to help me .... today no such luck.  I spent HOURS speaking to verizon, blacberry and aol.  My e-mails finally starting comingin about 6 hours after i kept getting the "Do not reply" messages.  If this happens again.....I'm switching phones to the i-phone and changing my family service and my husbands business service.  One of these companies should be able to contact you via, e-mail, homepages, or texting to let people know there is a "system"  failure.  I am a very unhappy consumer today!