Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Lotus6
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Error: Phone not allowed MM6

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody!

I'm writing here asking for your support. Yesterday, completely out of the blue, my device stopped working. It can still connect to the internet with wifi, but my carrier network doesn't work. The problem is no due to the carrier (I put my sim card in another mobile and it works!) An error message appears on the screen: "Phone not allowed MM6".

I googled it and found that my IMEI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mobile_Equipment_Identity) was probably blocked. A device is usually blocked by the owner if it's stolen or lost... But I legally bought it on ebay!

So what should I do, now? Who should I call for having my IMEI number (and thus my device) unblocked?

Thank you for your attention.

L6

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Error: Phone not allowed MM6

Normally, once a device is noted as blocked or blacklisted, it is impossible to remove it.

It's up to the carrier or the mobile provider who placed the block, to remove such.

And just FYI, buying a device off eBay, doesn't make the device "legal", people sell stolen merchandise off eBay everyday. You should probably contact your seller to get your money back.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Lotus6
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Thank for your answer.

I called carrier's phone service and they told me they didn't blacklisted my phone (they didn't have my IMEI in their archives). I know that

Buying a device off eBay, doesn't make the device "legal", people sell stolen merchandise off eBay everyday

but when my device was delivered it was brand-new... and it was blocked after almost two years of use! This should make the hypothesis of the theft much less probable.

Now, my question is: should I suppose RIM blocked my BB? How should I contact them?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You need to call your mobile provider and have them escalate this issue to RIM level support. Perhaps someone got a an imei number entered wrong by mistake.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code