Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

dpaysen
My Device: Storm 9530

Excessive data usage

Hi there, Does anyone have issues with excessive data usage even though I am not using any programs that use data. Last month I used 1.5 GB, my plan is for 500 MB. I have a Storm 9530 with Bell.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Excessive data usage

Whoa... ok, that's not right.  Are you absolutely certain you don't have any apps open which are drawing lots of data?  Big culprits could be things like music or video streaming, etc.

Personally, I'd be contacting Bell for help with this.  Most users typically rarely go above 250MB, so something is very definitely going on.  (My maximum was about 250MB on my Storm 9530).

If you'd like to narrow this down further, let us know exactly which apps are installed on your Storm 9530, as well how much time you spend browsing the web on your phone's browser and how many videos you typically watch in a day/week.

Also, one thing you can check is make sure you're properly exiting out of the browser when you're finished with it.  It's possible that a webpage is repeated loading, although you'd also notice low battery life if that were the case.

And a final suggestion is to check to see which devices are paired with your Storm via Bluetooth (click on the signal strength icon, then on the menu that pops up, select Bluetooth Options.  You will see a list of all paired devices.  Do you see any strange ones there?  The only other thing I can figure is that someone has been connecting to the internet using a Bluetooth connection with your BB.  If someone got their hands on your phone, it would be possible to do this (assuming they sit close to you).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.