Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
leeman24
My Device: None Currently
Accepted Solution

Exchange Outlook Calendars Not Syncing to Blackberry Using Internet E-Mail

[ Edited ]

*Please move if this is in the wrong forum*

This user is currently not on our BES connecting to our Exchange server using the Internet Mail option. He is currently on another BES due to a company takeover.

The problem is that his mail is coming through properly but his Calendar is not Syncing. I checked most of the obvious options and looked through the KB and couldn't find anything too specific. He is not on our BES so I shouldn't have to touch it. It could be an Exchange problem but others with the same situation are not having this issue.

Please help!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Exchange Outlook Calendars Not Syncing to Blackberry Using Internet E-Mail

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

So, this user is on a different BES, but also has your OWA (I think) integrated to their BB via BIS? Correct? As such, then I don't think there is any OTA calendar synchronization available for OWA via BIS. Hence, it is WAD -- Working As Designed.

• KB00561 How to configure wireless calendar synchronization on a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
leeman24

Hi, thank you for the quick response.

Your assumptions are correct. The user is on a different BES and has our OWA on their BB using BIS.

It seems that is possible. I read that it doesn't work for situations like this but then I have at least one user who came from the same company and has the same situation and can see their calendars. I also have another user who can see partial calendars but thats a problem for another day.

The callendar adds into the BB and is assigned a colour. For number of entries it shows 0. If it wasn't designed that way, should they even be able to add the calendar into the BB.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Every email account integrated to the BB will automatically have a corresponding calendar color assigned...this is automatic. As to if the calendar can sync OTA or not, that is dependent on the capabilities of the server that email account is working with. To my knowledge, OWA is not one of the servers that supports OTA calendar synchronization, and would require the use of USB/BT tethered sync via the Desktop Software. You can double check that by following the instructions in the above linked KB...as it says at the bottom of the KB, if the feature is not listed, then the server is not capable of doing so via BIS.

I too have no idea why those others have what they have...perhaps they did a wired sync? Perhaps they have latent calendar entries left over? Perhaps they received invites and accepted on the BB? Perhaps many things.

Oh...and look what else I found:

• KB29026 Unable to synchronize contacts and calendar wirelessly with the integrated Microsoft Outlook Web Access account

Goodluck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
leeman24

Hmm.. Thanks for your help. I will double-check if we are using OWA which I am almost sure we are. The dns is webmail.server.com when you check the BB settings that are added automatically. I can safely assume its using OWA right?

I will try to find out what the one user who successfully can see his calendars has done.

Thanks for your help.

Is there any workaround without adding them to our BES?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

leeman24 wrote:

Hmm.. Thanks for your help. I will double-check if we are using OWA which I am almost sure we are. The dns is webmail.server.com when you check the BB settings that are added automatically. I can safely assume its using OWA right?

Assume? Nope...you need to check. Check with your admins and see exactly what email services (not necessarily servers) they are facing to the Internet. If they are facing POP or IMAP, then you'd be getting a different integration than OWA via BIS. If you go to that exact same URL from a PC/browser that is truly sitting "outside" of your domain (out on the Internet) and you get OWA, then you might be able to assume (though it is possible, albeit not recommended, to have more than one service sitting on the same server).

leeman24 wrote:

Is there any workaround without adding them to our BES?

Only the USB/BT tethered sync against the desktop Outlook client. For OWA, you are limited to the capabilities of the service being used.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
leeman24

Thanks a lot. Assume is a bad word. I knew 99% that it was OWA which it is now.

The only thing that we can do is wait to take ownerships of their phones and put it on their BES. Not what I was hoping for but appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates