01-15-2013 07:23 PM
Please read this article from the public knowledge base:
KB32501 Wireless Contact and Calendar synchronization between the BlackBerry smartphone and an integrated Gmail account is not functioning
updated January 13th 2013.
08-28-2013 04:08 AM
I have alreadt tried that, Xandrex.
This morning it happened again.
If this carries on, BlackBerry will lose a loyal customer of 2 years.
A permanent fix is needed.
09-01-2013 08:05 PM
yes a lot of my friends have moved on because BB handhelds nowadays are so bad, have to do restart all the time or else it will hang or showing hour glass icon, fail to sync contact with email, even we've already choose sync contacts to email but new contacts was not uploaded to email..
09-01-2013 08:08 PM
10-31-2013 03:46 PM
11-02-2013 12:57 PM
01-18-2015 08:59 PM
Dear new readers of this thread,
Twitting @blackberryhelp won't help you. They will take one full day to DM you and it will end by "you need to contact your carrier in order to escalate your incident to Blackberry support team".
For those who have difficulties to reach a reliable technician at your carrier support line with good understanding and being able to escalate the issue directly to Blackberry Support, I am giving some advices below.
OBJECTIVE : To call your carrier in order to escalate your incident to Blackberry Support team.
Do it only during a regular week day at regular working hours and make sure you call the technical/support line (not customer/client service) and try to get in touch with second level or blackberry specialist on BES/BIS. There are only a couple of good technicians on that matter in each carrier so you need to act wisely.
Here is my suggestion :
At first clearly mention that you are holding a Legacy Blackberry Device running under OS 7.1 (or earlier), not to be confounded with the BB10 devices, and thus you have a Blackberry subscription (technically you have a BIS subscription).
After having very briefly explained your issue (Synchronisation of your Google calendar and contacts has stopped since Jan 12th)
Start showing off that you aren't just a regular user by saying :
- "i have the lastest OS available (7.1.0.XXXX, 6.xxxx or 5.xxxx) that my device can support"
- "I have forced my phone to register on the network (Menu>Advanced System Setting>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now)"
- "After checking all my "Service Books" on my phone, to avoid confusion, I would like you to send me back my "service books" (of course you can do it yourself on your phone or from your BIS online account, but the purpose is to "bother" the technician). "
This will show to the 1st level technician that you have some real knowledge. There are 90% probabilities that this technician has never heard about these "service books". He will feel that you know more than him.
Add this :
- "I would like you to delete my BIS email accounts directly from the BIS blackberry server"
Then say :
- "If you (Representative/Technician) don't know how to resend me my Service Books and/or how to delete/reset my BIS email accounts from the Blackbery server. Fair enough, Never mind. It is just normal, I understand my request could be unusual for you. Then, would you mind transfering me to a support team or a person who has sufficient knowledge about BES/BIS services?"
Once you get in touch with the right reliable and knowledgeable person, explain with more details what is the situation.
- Inform about the recent KB36534 from Jan. 5 implemented recently in order to comply with the new security autorisation of Google Calendar and Contacts.
- Explain that no matter following the whole new procedure to authorize synchronisation of contacts and calendar, you receive within hours a notification that the synchronisation has stopped.
- Confirm that emails service is not affected at all.
- Inform that (if you are from a European Carrier or if you have checked your public IP/or your gmail tracking connections) your APN (meaning your public IP, your internet access point) is not anymore passing through the NOC/BIS server based in the UK but via the NOC/BIS server based in SOUTH AFRICA (how weird is that, isn't it?)
You will look like a very aware person. The technician will trust your technical knowledge and certainly ask you to send him an email to sum up this issue. If he doesn't ask you this, offer him to do so. Get his/her direct line to reach him and his/her direct email address.
Send your sum up by email.
Then after one or two working day if he/she is nice, and does his/her job proprely, he/she will confirm you that your incident has been escalated to BlackBerry Support Team and will eventually give you the reference of the Blackberry support ticket (which starts with INC00000XXXXXXX). Alternatively, you can gently request this reference INC0000XXXX so that you have a proof of the escalation of your issue.
In case of any feed back, PLEASE, report it in this thread so that the community learns from you.
Thank you and good luck.
PS : thread with same discussion
01-19-2015 01:51 PM - edited 01-19-2015 01:53 PM
Facing same issue here.
In my case contacts and mail are syncing OK, but calendar doesn't - which makes my BB worthless for me.
I can't find proper words to describe how **bleep** I am now.
BB Bold 9900 7.1.2807 (v18.104.22.1683) pl. 22.214.171.1242
As you can see on the screenshot, BB has full access to mail, calendar and contacts.