If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Adversane
My Device: Bold 97
My Carrier: 3

Failure to transfer between old and new Blackberry Bold to Curve

Because my Bold vibrator has stopped working I have had to get a replacement phone.  The only one available on my service supplier is the Curve.  The first Curve had to go back because it was faulty.  When I try to set up my email account the new one just keeps telling me that I am locked out because I have tried too often to put in my password.  I'm on attempt 2 out of 10 apparently which suggests that there are another 8 attempts available.

I used the transfer from old to new phone option but apparently that doesn't take over the email account settings.

The Bold won't let me look at any of its files unless I log in but, because I am locked out I can't.

Both phones  tell me that I can reset my password using the on-line service via a browser without going through the security process but actually it won't let me.

The Curve tells me that my radio is switched on but I am out of the service area even though I am able to make calls and look at the web.  

Support appears to be only available some of the time and only by email.

So, can anyone tell me how to get past the locked out screen and get to the reset password screen?

Do I seem exasperated?  Hmm. Well maybe that's because I am.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Failure to transfer between old and new Blackberry Bold to Curve

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given the symptoms as you have described them, I cannot tell which password you are stuck on -- the user-created device-lock password, or your BBID credentials.

If the former...there is nothing to be done...only that user-created device-lock password can unlock the device and make it usable for any purposes whatsoever. Failing the maximum number of times will wipe the device clean, and you'll start over.

But, if it's the latter, then please see this "sticky" post for helpful information:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.