Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
Mithrandir893
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: three UK

Google Account BlackBerry Sync only works one way

Hey I just got my BB yesterday... I set up my Google Account on my BB and it downloaded all the data to my device. Then I set up an new Test-Contact and a Test-Appointment (calender) on my BB and it was synced to my google account... everything was fine... After that I set up another Test-Contact and Test-Appointment in my google account to check whether it would be synced to my BB... But that did not work at all... NOTHING WAS SYNCED... I waited for houres but it just would not sync the data to my BB... Same situation if I read or delete an Email in my google account the Email still appears as unread on my BB... But when I read one on my BB it appears as read on my google account... seems like sync is just working one way!

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
12rdpurcell
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

Re: Google Account BlackBerry Sync only works one way

I'm still new with BB, using it as a loaner phone when my Android got waterlogged.  I have the same problem, sort of - in my case, I noticed with Emails that it takes a good amount of time for one read on the BB to show as read in my Gmail.  And it's the same the other way except maybe a tad faster.

But I'm not able to sync my google calendar any longer.  I read that google was dropping support for BB sync options sometime around 6/1/12, and somewhere in these support forums there's a thread on the topic, stating you can use your BIS account to get them to sync, and in looking for that thread I ran across your post.  If I find it, I'll come back and link to that thread.

Please use plain text.