Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
bbbl67
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Wind Mobile Canada

Google Contacts sync not working

hardware: Bold 9700

I'm using the BIS to synchronize my Google account to my Blackberry. I'm using both the Calendar and Contacts from Google, and the Calendar seems to be working and being updated properly, but not the Contacts. I've gone into Email setup to make sure that both Calendar and Contacts sync are checked, and they both are. But Contacts isn't being updated for some reason.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Google Contacts sync not working

[ Edited ]

Hi bbbI67,

Have a device reset. Try this - when you device is POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery. This make a reboot to your device which resolves minor issues with the BlackBerry device.

If that doesn't resolve the issue then the remove the ID from BIS account and re-integrate it again. Please note that Contact synchronization occurs every four hours and is limited to 10,000 contacts.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bbbl67
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Wind Mobile Canada

I have now removed and reintegrated the Gmail account into BIS, but it has made no difference. And it's been well over 4 hours since I've done it, and I have no where near 10,000 contacts (thank god!).
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I myself and others I know have issues with syncing to Gmail accounts. We found Hotmail which is not Outlook.com worked very well with the Blackberry and other types of phones. 

I read in a news group comment that Gmail works best with a premium account. It also works very well with most Android phones. 

Get a Hotmail account, and I think it will work very well for you. 

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
bhunt13gmail
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: cellone Bermuda

I was having the same problem with gmail.   I tried the reboot (z10 remove battery with power on) and a new address synced right up.  Then I checked on the notes field in an entry I knew was not syncing, and it's still not synced.  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.