Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

tracyariasferrari
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

HELP:Unknown & Default Contact List

Hi Not sure this is the right place  to ost however I am trying to change exisiting contacts that were unknowning saved in "Unknown Contact List" to "Default Contact List" can someone please explain if/how I can do this???? I have already tried deleting my address book and restoring it but that didnt work....HELP i need my contacts in default to make the Vlingo app to work...

Please use plain text.
decadude
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: bell mobility

Re: HELP:Unknown & Default Contact List

The following method will work if each contact list has a unique name (Desktop, Default, Unknown, or email address):

1. Back up the BlackBerry Smartphone. 
  2. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software and configure the synchronization to complete a ONE WAY sync from device to Outlook.  Note: It is recommended to use a new or blank profile within Outlook for this.
  3. Sync the device contacts to Outlook.  Make note of the number of contacts being transferred.
  4. On the device, go to Contacts, press the Menu Button and select Options.
  5. Open each listed Address Book under Contact Lists and locate the list which has the same number of contacts as what has synchronized.
  6. On the Contacts Options screen, type R S E T.
  7. The following message will appear on the screen: "Wireless synchronization, for <service>, is not enabled.  Wipe contact list anyway?"where <service> is the name of the contact list.  If this contact list is the same name as the list identified in step 5, select Yes.  Otherwise, select No.
  8. Repeat steps 3 through 7 only if there are more than two Desktop or Unknown contact lists in the contact list options.
  9. Once completed, re-configure the BlackBerry Desktop Software to perform a two-way sync of data to restore the consolidated Address Book to the device.
Please use plain text.