Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
AceVentura
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone NZ

Re: HOST ROUTING TABLE FUNCTIONS (HRT ENTRIES)

mate, i agree with you, and i totally agree with you about borrow someone's bb copy the hrt... but 

Righ now, many many people use ios or android, people who use bb is very rare, even you can get someone who use bb, they may not use bis or bes....

is there any chance that this phone is pin blocked? i mean, it been used over sea and registed with other isp, and when came to nz, the pin still belongs to that isp, i need them to release the pin? 

is that possible? 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

AceVentura wrote:

is there any chance that this phone is pin blocked? i mean, it been used over sea and registed with other isp, and when came to nz, the pin still belongs to that isp, i need them to release the pin? 

is that possible? 

Your scenario is also completely possible. Indeed, that's what my suspicion was...rather than receiving BIS services (for those 5 minutes) from your new carrier, you actually were receiving those services from that other carrier, and just happened to be riding the new carriers network to do so. But, once they discovered it, they blocked it (which many do). If your BB remains registered on some other carriers BIS, then your new carrier cannot even create a BIS account on their system for it...only one BIS account per BB PIN can exist anywhere in the world. So if the old carrier did not release it, the new carrier cannot create it. You would have to contact the old carrier and convince them to release it...typically, they will do so for the account holder (but equally typically they will not do it for a non-account holder).

This is a discussion you need to have with the relevant carriers...only they can look into their systems and provide answers. No one here, on this totally user-to-user forum, can have access to the systems which contain the answers you require.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AceVentura
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone NZ

thanks man, thatz really help. 

the problem is i don't know where is the phone coming from, it doesn't have carriers logo, the vender id is 603, i checked, it show somewhere europe, and i also email all of them, they either no reply or just say can't help...

anyway, i see what i can do. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Yup. 603 is listed as:

• Gibtel/TMN Portugal/Trigcom/Brightpoint Netherlands/Optimus/Sonofon/Globul/Telenor Serbia/LuxGSM/Mobitel/Polkomtel/Siminn/Brightstar AZLAN UK/Telenor Norway/20:20 UK/Jersey Telecom/Telenor Hungary (Pannon)/Brightpoint UK/Cable & Wireless UK/Virgin Mobile UK/Tango/BT Mobile/Telenor Sweden/BT Italy/Cable & Wireless Guernsey

But, as I said, whoever has it locked will typically only release it with authorization from the actual account holder. If that is not you, then you will be very lucky if you are successful.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kite_Runner
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Movistar

Hi. This is exactly my case... and the operator cannot solve.Could you tell me the procedure to inform RIM and/or do a wipe my phone?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Kite_Runner wrote:

Hi. This is exactly my case... and the operator cannot solve.Could you tell me the procedure to inform RIM and/or do a wipe my phone?

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sorry, but could you clarify what your exact case is? This thread has 24 prior posts, going back 4 years, delving into several different sub-topics...I fear that I may misinterpret what your exact case is as a result.

As to your request...end users have no free path by which to discuss anything at all with RIM. All support contracts bind the end user to their mobile service provider (or authorized service center...it can vary by region) as the first step for ALL formal support needs. The carriers/service centers can escalate cases into RIM that require RIM attention...but end users have no free path by which to do that. Such is the nature of the support contract to which all parties are legally bound.

As for instructions to WIPE your BB...not knowing what your exact situation is, I cannot determine if that is even an appropriate solution path for you. Hence, I shall await further details from you so as to understand your specific situation.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kite_Runner

Blackberry Torch 9800 bought new at ebay.

Operator: Movistar Uruguay

The problem

I don´t have the BB logo in my upper right corner, so I cannot connect to RIM services.

I can browse internet with WIFI connection only.

The problem is that there is "no entries" in HRT. Tried to populate several times with the tech support of Movistar but nothing happened.

I was working with the operator for 3 days.

They tried several things,

1) remove battery

2) Send request at HRT menu options. It is delivered to Movistar, but no answer.

3) OS reinstall

4) Wipe (as it is new I have no important data)

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Thank you, those details help greatly. There are many possible reasons that your BB cannot properly register to the RIM infrastructure via your mobile service provider. These include:

• Device registered as lost or stolen
  • Device not properly configured within the carrier system
  • Device not properly unlocked to enable functionality on any carrier

There are likely other possible reasons, but such is pure speculation on my part. Your mobile service provider should be able to dig deeper so as to determine the actual reason.

However, given your purchase method, your support options may well be quite limited. While your mobile service provider will retain responsibility for all services and configurations on their end, they will deny any support responsibility when it comes to the device itself. They did not sell it to you, and it is the original place of purchase (or assigned authorized service center) that retains device-level support responsibility. Which means, for you, the eBay seller.

Purchasing devices from non-authorized channels is fraught with potential difficulties. There are plenty of reports of sellers obtaining lost or stolen devices, reselling them to unsuspecting end users, and then the reseller vanishes, leaving the end user with a device that can never be used anywhere. I hope such is not the case for you, but this factor should at least be able to be verified by your mobile service provider.

Likewise the 2nd possible cause I mentioned...your mobile service provider should be able to validate, both in their system as well as at RIM, that there is nothing impeding the ability for the device to be provided with services.

As to the 3rd possible cause...you can validate that by referring to this helpful thread:

Until the HRT is properly populated by your mobile service providers system, nothing will function properly over their data network.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kite_Runner

Thanks a lot for your answer...

Movistar asked me the IMEI and PIN to verify the posibilites 1) and 3), and both are OK.  The phone was purchased new and unlocked.

In addition to that the seller has 99% of positive feedback with lots of Torchs sold , that does not assure anything but  means much...

The problem is 2) 

I had more than 10 calls to Movistar service and around 3 hours in the phone, I handed the phone to Movistar service desk to reinstal OS and to try some other procedures.

After all of that as far as I see, they don´t know how to populate the HRT.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Thank you.

Actually, they cannot validate, inside of their systems, the possibility of the device still being locked to it's original carrier...you would do that, by following the link I gave you above. Although, the technician with the device in their hands may have been knowledgeable enough to do so, it's always a good idea for you to double-check.

In any event, all of that being the case, then you are in a tricky situation indeed. Movistar will rightly refuse any responsibility for the device itself, and you have no way to validate if they are using that as a mere excuse if they indeed have a misconfiguration inside of their system (this as well would not be the first time I'd heard of such a thing). However, if they are interested in having you as a paying (to them) customer, I would think they would be motivated to resolve the issue. They have a method to seek, at no cost to you, escalated support from RIM to try and resolve your issue.

I do have one further suspicion...it is possible that the device was once associated with a BES environment, and the device may not have been properly cleansed of it's latent IT Policy, and that policy could well include something that is blocking this. You can check here:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

That is usually quite accurate, though I have heard of "stealth" IT Policies that do not display. I realize that you bought your BB new, but that could be a mis-statement on the part of the seller, or indeed they could have believed it was new when in fact it may have been associated, at some time in it's life, with BES. This as well would not be the first time I've heard of any of that.

Another possibility I neglected to mention was that of native carrier support. Typically, the carrier system will only deliver HRT and SB entries to devices that the carrier system natively supports. So, if Movistar does not natively support your specific model, then that could as well explain why things are not working. Getting a BB Device to function on a carrier network that does not natively support it can be quite tricky indeed, and is in no way automatic...there are tricky and cumbersome steps that must be conducted, and there's no guarantee that it will ever work. Folks in this situation often elect to purchase a device model that their carrier will natively support, and thereby avoid this complication. Note that I do not know if Movistar does or does not support your model...you can, though, check that via this portal:

If your specific model number is listed, then they indeed do natively support it, and this theory is nullified.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.