Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Andy_Ksiezop
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Help: Blackberry ID has locked me out of BBM

My wifes phone (Curve 9360 OS 7.0) was working fine up until a little while ago when her App World stopped letting her download anything. After a google search of the error code I discovered the solution was to load up App World and go into the Purchasing Options which immediatly promps you for your Blackberry ID. Enter your ID and then back out of that options menu and everything will work again.

I tried this and it fixed the issue (please note that Blackberry ID ACCEPTED her current username and password).

Anyways, an hour or so later my wife tried to access BBM but a Blackberry ID Verification pops up asking her to re-enter her Username and Password. When she entered her info, the same info that was accepted a few hours earlier, BBID rejects it with the error "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account". I tried countless times ensuring that spelling and case sensitivity was correct and it just doesn't work.

So she's locked out of BBM now.

I went to the BBID website and went over the FAQ, and nothing there was of use for this particular problem. I then tried to log into her BBID account through the website and it worked with the exact same info that her phone was rejecting.  So I then successfuly changed her password and even relogged into the website to test to see if it works, and it did.

Trying the new password on her phone yeilds the same error message.

Has anyone heard of this issue before, or have a solution? The only logical explanation I can think of is that the phone was registered with a different Blackberry ID, and so the ID linked to BBM and to App World are different, hence why the same login only works for App World.

Before submitting this post I explored this possibility, and yes there was a secondary Blackberry ID, but upon using it I get the error "Please use the Blackberry ID used to register this phone". So the initial Blackberry ID email that I have been using IS the correct one.

Also, before anyone asks, I've tried multiple troubleshoots. I've tried to log in through Wifi, I've also tried the two of the three troubleshoot solutions found at KB28212 that didn't involve a factory reset.

Everything results in the same "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" error.

What can I do?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Help: Blackberry ID has locked me out of BBM

Hi Andy,

Can you send me, via Private Message, the PIN for the BlackBerry smartphone and the BlackBerry ID you are trying to login with?  I can take a look to see if that is the BlackBerry ID we show registered to the device.

I am a member of the BlackBerry Technical Support team as indicated by the BlackBerry Technical Advisor tag under my name.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Andy_Ksiezop

So, I've solved the issue. All I did was use the Blackberry Desktop Software to upgrade the phone OS. After the upgrade, BBID works perfectly. Although, this has now caused a different issue.

On my wife's phone, she can no longer send emails. She can recieve new emails, but when she hits "Reply" and then types a reply in, "Send" is no longer an option, only "Save as Draft". Also, any emails that are deleted on the phone do not delete off the email account (In my mail options under Email Reconciliation I have it set to "Delete on Mailbox & Handheld").  All these issues only apperead after the upgrade. So I pretty much just swapped one issue for another...

Before anyone mentions the obvious, I have deleted and resent service books as well as re-registered the phone through Host Routing. After this, the same problem exists.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lblaauw
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: CellC

Cpt_Sweatpant - how do I send a private message to you. I appear to have a similar problem. In my case my son inserted a wrong non-existent email address and the email to reset the password does not work too mnay log in attempts error message
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Andy_Ksiezop

Whoops! Been busy and haven't had a change to re-post here yet.

Turns out the Blackberry was toast. After getting fed up I took the phone to my local Best Buy Mobile, and they did a full reset on the unit. After the reset, any attempts to register an email account with the phone would result in the phone endlessly looping, crashing, or locking up. Thankfully, I had one of their phone warranties and got an entierly new phone free of charge. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lblaauw
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: CellC

Thanks, appreciate the post
Please use plain text.