Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
alowais
My Device: 9220

How can you disable receiving Broadcast Messages?

[ Edited ]

How can you disable receiving Broadcast Messages 

Without deleting your Contacts ?

New Contributor
alowais
My Device: 9220

Re: How can you disable receiving Broadcast Messages?

No one here can help ?

Is there any solution even with third party app ?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I don't have access to my phone at the moment so I'm going on memory alone.  On your homescreen follow Options>Advanced System Settings>Cell Broadcasting, or maybe you'll see Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Cell Broadcasting.  I'm sorry I can't be more specific without a phone in front of me.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
elne
My Device: 9360

THIS DID NOT WORK

Elite II
BillJ

I'm pretty sure one of those two paths will lead you to the Broadcast Messages section where you can disable them. If you've followed the instructions and are still getting messages, it might not be broadcast messages you're receiving, it might be an app that's pushing messages to your phone. Many "free" apps are nothing more than vehicles for advertising messages.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
elne
My Device: 9360

Umm I was talking about bbm, the contacts in your contact list that ever so always send broadcast messages to their contacts, like family members or friends. How do u stop revieving bbm braodcasts from people in your contact list?? Coz the solution above I tried and still able to recieve broadcasts from my contacts.
Elite II
BillJ

OK, BBM broadcast messages are a different story altogether. You either accept them from your contacts or delete your contacts...end of story. :smileysad:

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy: