Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How do I turn off my sent message tone after sending SMS messages???

I have recently purchased a Blackberry 8800, however I have been unable to discover how to turn off the sent message tone whenever I send SMS messages! I know this is such a simple problem however it's driving me mad and any solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: How do I turn off my sent message tone after sending SMS messages???

Sent Message tone in BlackBerry!!!

I don't hear of anything as such...well I need to check that.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Well it may not be a "sent message tone" as such, it's an audible ding whenever the message has been sent and my balance appears on screen, any ideas on how to silence it, simply setting the profile to "off" is ineffective..........I perhaps need to edit this profile in some way??
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Calumireland wrote:
Well it may not be a "sent message tone" as such, it's an audible ding whenever the message has been sent and my balance appears on screen, any ideas on how to silence it, simply setting the profile to "off" is ineffective..........I perhaps need to edit this profile in some way??

If your balance appears then it must be from your mobile operator. This can't be stopped. Usually pre-pay (or pay as you go) subscribers received balance confirmation whenever they initiates session (i.e SMS, voice call etc.) that incur cost to them. Check with your operator.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: blackberry curve 9300

Did you ever discover how to do this?!