Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to paste/dial a telephone number from the address book during a phone call?

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with how I can paste a telephone number from my address book during a phone call?  I use a discount Long Distance Service Provider which is programmed into a speed dial on my BlackBerry Curve 8310.  I want to be able to copy a phone number from my address book and paste/dial it at the appropriate time after I connect to my discount Long Distance Service Provider.

I do not wish to prefix all of my long distance telephone number entries in my address book with the telephone number of my discount Long Distance Service provider because if I choose to change my Long Distance Service Provider I would have to update my address book entries again.  Hence, for me, it would be simple to just copy and paste the telephone number as needed.

I appreciate any insight anyone can provide on how to accomplish this.

Thank you.

Nawaab

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: How to paste/dial a telephone number from the address book during a phone call?

When you're on a phone call press the escape button. You'll be receiving a prompt that says "continue call and exit to home screen?" press ok. Now click Menu and go to address book -> find the required contact and dial a number.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

Re: How to paste/dial a telephone number from the address book during a phone call?

Hello Tanzim,

Thank you for your response.

I tried the steps you outlined, however when I go to the contact number in my address book and press the "dial" key (the green button on my phone), it actually puts the first call on hold and calls the number from my address book on a second line.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks.

Nawaab

Elite II

This is bound to happen. While you're on a call and dial another then 1st call will be on hold. However, you can join both the call using conference call feature.

tanzim                                                                                  

Contributor

Tanzim,

Thank you again for your follow up.

However, I need my phone to key in/dial the digits of the desired address book phone number when prompted by my Long Distance Service Provider.  I was basically looking for a simple way to copy a phone number from the address book and then paste it during a telephone call, hence avoiding the need to first memorizing the phone number to be keyed in when prompted by my Long Distance Service Provider.  (Very similar to keying in your Voice Mail password when prompted by your Voice Mail box, but only having the password keyed in from the phone's clip board memory instead of manually keying it in).  I seem to be able to copy and paste almost anything on my BlackBerry except for when I want to paste some digits into an existing telephone call.

Thank you.

Nawaab

Elite II

Hi Nawaab,

That is no possible. Entering voice mail box password in designed in the device OS. However, this can be done with help of 3rd party application if there is any. I haven't come across any such till date. 

tanzim                                                                                  

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

when you use a phone number, you can add pauses and waits.
so in your contact item, you can store a phone number and some waits before typing the password.
you can then copy paste all that. I guess it will do the trick.

Otherwise, there are many applications that can help you reaching a third party phone entity in a click, you can see if there is one compatible with the LD service you have subscribed to.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: