Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: BB-Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Incorrect id associated with BlackBerry Id

Hi All,

One of the BES office users was using BB Curve - with office email id as BB Id.

User went on biz trip and had some issue, so he tried to input his personal email id as new id. While creating the 2nd  id, he missed 1 alphabet from his correct email id - id got created = now we are not able to sign in to this id from the device.

When I enter the correct email id with correct password, message comes to "enter the correct email id associated with the smart phone" - if we try to change the password for the incorrect id - BB is sending password reset mail to the  incorrect email id ..........

What is the way around to change the id associated with a device

OR

Correct the id  ???

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Incorrect id associated with BlackBerry Id

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like some steps were left out...once a BB ID is associated to a BB, the only way to change that association is to WIPE the BB. From what you describe, that did not happen...and the error message you quoted confirms that...the BB must be logged into the same BB ID that was previously associated to it, until a WIPE is performed.

Unless perhaps you left that step out? If so, then please re-post with the exact and complete sequence of events that occurred. Note that, if all you wish to do is abandon the BB ID that is presently associated to the BB, then you WIPE the BB and then create a brand new BB ID.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Incorrect id associated with BlackBerry Id

Once a Blackberry account name has been established in the phone, it cannot be changed without wiping the phone. This is part of the Blackberry security.

Wipe the phone and then you should be able to change the account name. Make sure you have a backup for your important information before wiping the phone.

Jerry G.