Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
imanm
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: mobinil

Insufficient Network Coverage to Process Request on Curve 8520

hi,

internet on ma blackberry  curve 8520 was working well suddenly i couldnt send any msgs or recieve any on whats app , so i checked fb , twitter and internet trying to open google on the browser and i found this message appearing everytime 

there is insufficient network coverage to process your request please try again later 

so i called ma internet provider mobinil tried everything they said and they said the internet is working on ma mob as showed on their system 

sont know how to solve this 

any help ?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Insufficient Network Coverage to Process Request on Curve 8520

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

In the interest of not wasting your time with redundant advice, would you please list out ALL that they had you do, along with your specific results of each?

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
imanm

thanks for reply 

well they asked me to check off infront of wifi and check in the mobile network options that data seervice is on 

then removve the battery for min and then try again 

i tried this several times with nothing new

the signal is edge may be when i do this it turns to EDGE for mins then turns edge small again 

the  msg there is insufficient network coverage to process your request , please try again later always appear when i try to open any site from the browser 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

As long as your signal remains lower case edge, rather than upper case EDGE, there is nothing that can be done. And your escalation is with your mobile service provider (if the issue is service related) and/or your original place of purchase (if the issue is device related) and/or an authorized service center (if your region uses those). So, have they told you if you should have better signal where you are located? Or do they truly just have weak signal? If it's not service related, then have you spoken to your device provider to see if perhaps it's a hardware issue with the device itself?

All of that said...did anything change just before this all started? An update? A new app? A theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and consider trying to reverse whatever that was.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
imanm

well that was wierd cause when i recieved msgs on whats app 2 am and i was asleep 5 am i woke up to find internet wasnt working  so i didnt install or update anything and i cant understand that it was working 3 hourrs ago then suddenly dont work 

also i tried to change places the edge turned to EDGE yet the internet idnt work 

i just dont know is this a provider problem or aas someone not technical told me it might be a software problem ... am not technical so i really cant figure it 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

IF, as you say, nothing changed, then I seriously doubt it's a software problem...after all, software is quite obedient, and only does what we tell it to do. If we tell it to update something, then it will dutifully do so, and we must live with the consequences, intended or not. But, you did not change anything, so I doubt it's software.

That said, have you done a standard battery pop reboot? Be sure to do that when you are somewhere that you are SURE you have good coverage by the mobile data network from your carrier.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
imanm

will try this it may help , thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

As long as you are at it, while you are in that good mobile network coverage area, also turn WiFi off, and do the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step...if any step does not succeed exaclty as written here, then STOP and go back to see your mobile network provider for formal support):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support...after all, it's their network with which your BB is having trouble communicating, and you PAY them for the services that they are not delivering.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
imanm

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

i did that but didnt recieve any msgs , where should i find it please ?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Exactly where I said...in "your Messages app". If it does not arrive, then you must do as I said in the opening paragraph of post 8...STOP, and seek formal support. If that step does not succeed, then nothing else will be of any value whatsoever.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.