Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
DamianC
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Issue with GoogleApps calendar BIS sync.

So i've started using google calandar on my google apps account for my school to manage my schedule. I would like to be able to wirelessly sync with my google calandar and my Blackberry 9930. I have the email account added under my BIS settings and emai syncs fine. From what I understand all I need to do to get the calandar syncing is to check the calandar option under synchronization options, however this option is not there. Is there a soloution to this?

Also on my playbook I added the account as a CalDav account since I know google has discontinued activesync support. The playbook immidiately downloaded my schedule however I cannot add events on my playbook. My googleapps account is grayed out when adding events. When I set my googleapps account as the default calandar account nothing happens when I hit the add event button. What is going on?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Issue with GoogleApps calendar BIS sync.

Hi DamianC,

Do you see any sychronization options at all when setting up your Gmail account?  If you'd like to send me your BlackBerry PIN via Private Message, I can look into it to see if your account is configured correctly.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DamianC

The only synchronization option I have is deleted items. I will PM you my PIN.

Also the Playbook issue has seemed to fix itself after the last software update :smileyhappy:

Thanks for the help!

Please use plain text.
Cpt_Sweatpants

Sorry to get back to you so late. I did check things out.

It appears as though this account, although it is a Gmail account, is not setup using the correct protocol.  The account is setup using IMAP, which does not support Calendar and Contact synchronization.

When you added this account, did you use the 'Gmail' option or did you choose the 'Other' option?

Thanks.

-CptS

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DamianC

[ Edited ]

I chose the gmail option. 

I think I may know what the issue is. My school recently switched from an outlook exchange web server to google apps for email. When I set up the email even if I choose the gmail option it still reverts to the old exchange settings my school had and I do not receive any new emails.

How I get around this is entering the wrong password and providing additonal settings. I chose the imap option and entered imap.google.com as the server address. Is there another server or setting I should adjust to get the calander setting to work?

EDIT: 

I removed the account and tried readding it and now BIS will not accept my username and password :/. Tried it both on the phone and my carriers BIS website.

Please use plain text.
Cpt_Sweatpants

It sounds like your new email's MX record hasn't been updated, which means, when the BlackBerry Internet Service checks the MX record, it finds your old server address.  It may be that your school's IT department hasn't disabled the Exchange Server, and thus, the MX record is not updating.

*The MX record (Mail Exchanger record) is a resource record in DNS that points to the mail server.

Thanks.

-CptS

Please use plain text.