Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
IvanJiran
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN

Lost Phone

[ Edited ]

I have lost my phone, how do I track it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
debabrata72000
My Device: Blackberry 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Lost Phone

You can't track it unless you installed some tracking software on it before it was stolen. Call your carrier immediately. They can disable it, and may even be able to wipe it clean of your personal information.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

If you had BlackBerry Protect installed you can go to http://protect.blackberry.com and log on, there you can wipe the device, make it ring etc. You can only see where it is if you had that setting turned ON in the BB Protect.
Please use plain text.
j0k
Contributor
j0k
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

and just to add, for BlackBerry Protect to be able to track your device, your device must be turned ON and it should have an access to a wireless network :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: N NetCom

A network would indeed help a lot!
If its stolen and the thief stole it to use it or sell it it will most likely at some point be connected to a network.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

In addition, if the thief connects to a wireless network with a SIM card that does not have BIS enabled, Protect can't locate the phone.

I hope that helps. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
iperks2
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Singtel

Just thought this is a relevant thread. My friend just lost her phone and her Service provider said they can't do anything to help.

Aren't they supposed to be able to Disable/Suspend the PIN of the lost device so that the "new owner"
can't even log onto BB network?

Now I am actually receiving BBM messages from the "new owner" asking me who I am.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

iperks2 wrote:

Just thought this is a relevant thread. My friend just lost her phone and her Service provider said they can't do anything to help.

Aren't they supposed to be able to Disable/Suspend the PIN of the lost device so that the "new owner"
can't even log onto BB network?

Now I am actually receiving BBM messages from the "new owner" asking me who I am.

See this thread for your response:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/Lost-Phone-and-how-to-suspen...

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.