Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Bold

Media Card Could Not Be Accessed Due to Fatal Errors

Hi everyone, I have had this problem for ages, but didn't really care until now. In an attempt to fix the repeated 'Media Card Could Not Be Accessed Due to Fatal Errors' message that appears whenever I boot up my phone, I have done the following, to no avail:

Cleaned the micro SD, as well as its slot.

Tried 'check now' while plugging the BB into my desktop pc.

Tried repairing it on the BB - it won't let me as it can't access it.

Tried unchecking and rechecking the 'Media Card Support' box.

I've plugged it into a multi card reader, whose light goes on and recognises the card when it goes in, but the computer won't register it at all. It registers the multi card reader as a device or printer, but it doesn't appear under 'My Computer', and I certainly can't access the card.

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Oli

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Media Card Could Not Be Accessed Due to Fatal Errors

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, either the card is not formatted, or is actually bad. If you can format it via your PC/card reader, you might be able to use it...but I doubt that'll actually work (and you'd still need to reformat it in your BB so that it can work properly with it). Rather, I'd deduce that the card itself has just gone bad. To properly test, you need to obtain a different "known good" (e.g., already fully formatted and functioning fine in another BB) card and see what happens when trying to use it in your BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code