Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry 9380

Media Card Errors and Frequent Rebooting

Hi everybody. For the past four days I was frustrated because my Black Bery had packed up! It was switching off randomly, and finally it gave messges abouut media card errors that needed to be corrected. It did not help that I answered yes to correcting errors! Ultimately the rebooting was so frequent that the phone was unusable. Vodacom told me it would take at least 3 days to fix because new software needed to be loaded. When I agreed to book it in I was told it could not be done because the phone was bought in Dubai! They only worked on locally bought phones! An independant dealer told me to first back up my data and then he would upgrade the software for R250. I decided to do it myself by buying an 8Gig card, replacing the standard 2Gig that comes with a new phone. My phone is working fine now! No software upgrade was necessary, except loading a newer version of Whatsapp! The solution was buying a bigger capacity card! This is what all these smart techies should be telling people instead of booking their phones in for unnecessary repairs.