Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
NewDawn
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Media player audio playback "out of sync"

I have a 9900 with 14GB of music in 2,600 tracks on a 16GB card - installed via Desktop Media Sync.

Recently, the media player has developed a fault during playback whereby the track being played is not the one shown on the screen.  Come the end of the track it just stops and refuses to play the next track.  If you advance it manually the problem continues except the track on the screen is the previous one played.

A battery pull cures this....for a while and then goes wrong again.

Solutions?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Media player audio playback "out of sync"

[ Edited ]

Hi NewDawn,

To resolve this issue, could you please try to first back up all your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and then do a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For steps, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.
Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NewDawn
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Media player audio playback "out of sync"

Thanks FrankieS.

Have done what you said and it appears to have worked for the moment.  Will give it a few days to see if it has worked permanently.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.