Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9380 and 9300
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Memory Card Issue with my BlackBerry Curve 9300

[ Edited ]

I have been using the memory card for more than a year. It's a SanDisk or a ScanDisk memory card. It's 8 GB. I didn't use the card that came with my BlackBerry Curve 9300 phone. I'm always trying to delete files or to copy files, most of them are music files from my laptop to the memory card via memory card reader.

Now I am encountering a message that I need to repair the memory card whenever I try to insert it to my phone again. And most of the time whenever the phone automatically repairs it, some files are corrupted or considered as a "lost chunk files".

How can I recover those files? And why did it happen or always happen in the first place?

According to this site, you need to reformat it: http://www.techtalkz.com/tips-n-tricks/1535-memory-card-corrupted-here-solution.html

So what I did is to copied everything to my laptop then reformatted it completely.

It kinda solved the issue but for how long will I won't be experiencing the "repair memory card" issue and the "lost chunk files" issue?

Do I need another program to reformat the memory card and not to use the one that comes with every windows computer?

Does using a memory card reader or using a memory card adapter (for the microSD card) corrupts the memory card?

I have been researching on how to completely recover the files but I'm a bit confused.

There are a lot of recovery programs out there.

Can you guys help me out here? Thanks.

Here are the researches that I made: