Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
nikita18
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

My Blackberry phone wont start. Please Help!!!!!

I installed an app in my blackberry and the blackberry turned off. I started it again but it turns off again. I pulled out the battery and memory card, inserted the battery again, then again started my mobile. It shows "Verifying Security Software..57%" But it has hanged there. It doesn't start off. What should I do? Please help me. 

Thanks you.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My Blackberry phone wont start. Please Help!!!!!

1. Start the device in Safe Mode. Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877
  2. While in Safe Mode, remove the app from Options > Advanced > Applications.
  3. Then, restart in normal mode.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Developer
nikita18

Thanks for your reply. But the problem is that as soon as I restart it, it shuts down. It won't let me do anything. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
fmendes
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: XL

Hi nikita18,

Maybe what you're experiencing is what we called "Nuked", it's where the device won't finish the loading process and kept restarting before the loading process is finish. One thing you should try is, try reloading your OS.

It's a bit tricky process, first, pull out your battery then connect your device to your computer. Try loading the OS through "loader.exe". You can find it in the drive C in your computer under "program files" - "common files" - "Research In Motion" - "App loader". Make sure you've installed a proper OS that support your device. Run the "loader.exe", you'll see a list of the apps that will be uploaded to your device, once all is set, press "next" to continue the process.

Now comes the tricky part, keep an eye on the process, once you see "reconnecting to JVM", quickly insert your battery to your device and the process will continue itself. Once the loading is finish, your device will run normally. Unfortunately, the data in your phone will be lost. Hopefully you've backed up your data on your device device regularly.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
Developer
nikita18

Thanks for your reply 

Please use plain text.
Developer
nikita18

Please use plain text.
Developer
nikita18

I followed these steps:

• Load BlackBerry Desktop Software for PC on your computer. Do not connect the phone to the computer at this time. The BlackBerry page is located at Us.blackberry.com and has downloads for PCs and Macs.

• Access the downloaded file. Go to the C drive of the computer. Click "Program Files," then "Common Files," followed by "Research in Motion" and finally "AppLoader." Click on the "Loader Application" shortcut and press "Next."

• Remove the battery from the phone. Then connect the BlackBerry to the computer with the USB cable provided with your BlackBerry at the time of purchase. The window on the computer should read "Connection" and then list "Com1."

• Connect the battery to the BlackBerry. When the list changes from "Com1" to "USB-PIN:UNKNOWN" immediately click "Next." This will keep the phone from repeatedly resetting itself.

• Select the applications you want to load onto your BlackBerry. Make sure you select your operating system. Click "Next" and then "Finish." The system will then load all your selections onto the phone. A screen will display confirming that the loading has been completed. It is now safe to unplug the phone from the computer. The phone will automatically go into a reboot session. It will take the phone about 15 minutes to complete this reboot.

But in the last step, when connect to my "USB-PIN:*****" and click next it shows me device application selection in the dialog.  An the dialog says "The Blackberry desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator. " 

When I try to add some .alx files from location: "C:\Users\ComputerName\Documents\BlackBerry" it shows me an error message "The application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded."

What should I do in this case? Please help. Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
fmendes

Have you installed the OS for your device on your computer? if you haven't, please go to www.BlackBerry.com and choose "Software" to download the OS that match your device. Once it has downloaded, run the installer until it's done. 

Once the OS has been installed on your computer, please check the file "vendor.xml" in the "AppLoader" folder and delete it.

Continue the process as on my previous post.

Good luck :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
nikita18

I have installed :

Software For BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1728 (Multilanguage) 

Package Version: 5.0.0.1728
Consisting of:
  • Applications: 5.0.0.1067
  • Software Platform: 5.2.0.96
  • File name: 8520wifiM_PBr5.0.0_rel1728_PL5.2.0.96_A5.0.0.1067_AT_T.exe
  • File size: 125.47MB

My Blackberry software version : 5.0 Bundle 1805 as per Blackberry Desktop Software.

And yes, I deleted the Vendor.xml file and then started the process with "Loader.exe" file. But it shows me the above result that I have mentioned in my previous post. Please Help.

Please use plain text.
fmendes

Maybe these steps will help. One of my buddies have tried this :

1. Download BlackBerry Flasher here: http://www.mediafire.com/?b2cm81m4o6y37p0
2. After that extract Flasher to Desktop PC
3. Connect the device which Nuked or brick to a PC via data cable.(for device that keeps restarting make sure you connect your device without the battery)
4. Run Flasher by clicking twice
5. Wait until the OS Loader appears (make sure you've installed the OS to be loaded into the device)
6. Check the application as needed (such as regular OS load)
7. Continue like regular OS upgrades

Keep me posted. I'll try to assist you as i can.

Please use plain text.