Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
poisondoll
My Device: bold 9700

NONE OF MY BOLD 9700 BUTTONS ARE WOKING

My bold 9700 stopped working for no reason!The keypad stoped working all of a sudden. I cannot type in my pin, the trackpad doesn't function, the unlock button on top doesn't work and after a few seconds the screen goes black and the only way to bring the light back on is to either connect it to my laptop via USB which will show the clock and once the USB is removed I get the home screen but cannot do anything there again; or i have to remove the battery and reboot but again I would get the black acreen and the cycle would continue.

My email, text messages, missed calls, facebook notifications and all come thru alright and the red light flashes to indicate this and I get the little sign on top of home screen but cannot access anything as the keypad and the trackpad are both completely non-responsive.

I called my mobile from a landline but again i cannot accept the call as pressing the green call button or any other key for that matter doesn't work.

WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: NONE OF MY BOLD 9700 BUTTONS ARE WOKING

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Everything you describe sounds like moisture intrusion...if at all possible, then

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time. Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Otherwise, I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
poisondoll
My Device: bold 9700

OK IM DOING THIS NOW THANK U SOOO MUCH
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

OK...good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code