Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

New Battery

I have recently put in a new battery in my phone. All that comes up is a picture of a battery with a diagonal line going thru it.  Does anyone know what that means. I have been trying to charge the battery for the last three days and nothing is happening.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: New Battery

Either the battery is defective or it is not the correct battery model for your BlackBerry. What BlackBerry model do you have, and what model of battery did you purchase?
My Device: Not Specified

I have the blackberry 8130 model and the battery is a blackberry. It says blackberry on it as well as c-m2. Where do I find the model number of the battery.

Thank you

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

That is the correct mdoel number, and that battery should be compatible for the 8130. I wonder if something is happening with the battery itself. Did you purchase the battery from a store? If so, see if you can have it exchanged or try another battery (of the same model) to see if the same thing happens. I have the Pearl 8120 and it uses the same battery as your 8130 (CM-2).