05-13-2008 01:19 PM
05-13-2008 03:16 PM
Oh oh, this does not sound good. Your blackberry might be toast.
You should ALWAYS do periodic full backups for your blackberry. Before you do anything, try taking out the battery for 30 seconds and putting it back in. After you do this tell me if you can turn it on. If you can not turn it on (there is no hour glass, the screen does not turn on) and your LED light periodically flashes than your OS is corrupt. Then you will have to try this(unforunately this will result in erasing all your data, there is no way of backing it up). Try this:
1) Make sure that you have the desktop manager installed.
2) Make sure that the Operating System (the most current) is installed in your PC.
3) Search for in here and find an utility program called JL_CMDER
4) Install JL_CMDER
5) Connect the BB via USB to your PC
6) Run javaloader wipe (Be aware that this will erase everything on your BB, so if you do not have a backup to restore from you will loose all data).
7) After You wipe, run desktop manager and do the apps loader, it should probpt you to Install the Operating system.
8 ) Once you have an operating system is installed do a restore if you have a backup to use. If not you are back to day one and have to reload everything you may have had installed all over again.
9) Make sure you are not impatient while the system is installing and going through all its steps, it does tale a while, when IT IS READY you will see the verizon splash screen on and then and only then are you ready to go. Make sure that you let it charge to a full charge.
In the future, I would do automatic backups, you can set desktop manager to autmatically do a full backup on your blackberry every week. I would do it every week in the middle of the night when you're not using the blackberry. Just make sure you plug your blackberry into your computer that night before you go to bed and make sure your computer is set to not go into hibernation mode.