Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
robinhorn
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: Telecom

Not being warned of truncated message

I am having issues receiving large messages on my Blackberry. I am aware that if a message is over the limit imposed by the Blackberry Internet Service (8GB), then it is supposed to say 'Message truncated due to size' but I don't get that message at all. This means that I could be missing out on important emails and won't know if a large one is sent until return to the office.

I would prefer it if I could still receive the mesage body itself but have the large attachment dropped. Is that possible?

Thansk for any help anyone can give.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Not being warned of truncated message

robinhorn wrote:

I am having issues receiving large messages on my Blackberry. I am aware that if a message is over the limit imposed by the Blackberry Internet Service (8GB), then it is supposed to say 'Message truncated due to size' but I don't get that message at all. This means that I could be missing out on important emails and won't know if a large one is sent until return to the office.

I would prefer it if I could still receive the mesage body itself but have the large attachment dropped. Is that possible?

Hi robinhorn,

Call your Service provider.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Not being warned of truncated message

robinhorn wrote:

Calling your Carrier will not do anything. please keep in mind that if you don't receive anything that means the email server daemon will prompt the sender that the message was not sent to you. but if incase the message is too large and it was successfully sent by the sender, you should receive the message though it will have a  warning that it is trucated due to size. Please refer to the Articles below.

"Too many cells, truncated by server" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone when a Microsoft Excel at...

"Truncated " appears at the bottom of an email message sent to the BlackBerry smartphone

What is the maximum email message size when using a BlackBerry Internet Service account

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.