Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Madhu_2151
My Device: Not Specified

Out Of Office Message as a Voice mail back to the Caller

Hello

Whenever we set an out of office message (OOO) in our Exchange server, the mail sender gets an out of office response. Similar idea can be applied to incoming calls. If the phone is synchronized with the exchange server, then for all the phone numbers in the address book of the exchange server should here an out of office response as well.

For example: If I am going to be out of office for a week, then I will set an OOO message in my exchange server. So, all the incoming mails will be replied with my OOO message. At the same time if somebody calls from the office to my office mobile (which can be found from the address book) then they will also here the same message.

Hope this idea will be helpful so that people who are out of office and use only one number for family and official purposes are not disturbed while they are on the vacation or on important work.

Madhu 

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Out Of Office Message as a Voice mail back to the Caller

Good Idea!! But this idea can be implemented by the carriers. Device can't help in that aspect.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Out Of Office Message as a Voice mail back to the Caller

hello,

in France, you can ask your carrier to forward all incoming calls directly to your voicemail. People will listen to the message you've recorded "I'm sorry I am unavailable until one-day, please leave a message or contact John Doe" and be able to leave a message if they want.

I guess it's possible in the US. One way to do it is to set the number of ringtones before forwarding to the voicemail. It's usually 6, just set it to 0.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: