Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: PlayMobile Poland

PPTP not suported on BBs?

I'm a quite happy user of BB 9900 Bold (maybe except the need to have an additional battery and external charger for it). It is a great business tool, probably even better if you work in a big company which can afford having BES for. Yet there are also smaller businesses that often decide to choose your smartphones. And that group of customers probably is getting bigger lately.

From that what I know there are lots of people there on The Internet searching for a solution to set up a basic VPN connection using PPTP protocol. This trivial feature is even available in iPhone. Why people who know (at least somewhat) what they are doing cannot have the freedom to use it on BlackBerry smartphones?

Or maybe me and other people that are also struggling with this inability are wrong, and there is already a way to set up my company’s simplest VPN that uses PPTP? If not when such feature will be available by default on our BBs?