Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
geoal1973
My Device: Playbook

Playbook WiFi does not work after update

[ Edited ]

Hi, my name is George and I am from Greece. I purchased recently a second hand Blackberry Playbook and the first thing I did was a software update. After the update the device booted normally but it couldn't detect any of WiFi (802.11b/g) access points that I have home and in my work (3 different hotspots in total). I searched on the support site for the problem and I saw that some others have faced the same issue and they fix it by doing a full wipe out (factory reset). So I tried the same with no success, now my device boots and I am unable to complete the first registration that can only be done via WiFi. I also tried to re-update the device several times using the latest Desktop Software, but the result is always the same no Wifi detected.
I contacted the Greek subsidiary of the store that the device purchased and they told me that I must contact with RIM central branch because the RIM support policy about this product (Playbook) is that customer gets support directly from them. The store that the Playbook originally purchased is Expansys France and I have scanned the invoice as evidence of legal purchase and valid warranty.
Please advice me how can I get support for the product because I sent an email and the reply tells me that I need to submit BlackBerry inquiry via approved channel Blackberry Playbook wifi problem. I don't know how to do this so if anyone can provide me with a link I will be grateful.
Thank you very much.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook WiFi does not work after update

You can find the Playbook support numbers here.

www.blackberry.com/playbook   click on support

Finally, at the state you are now, find an open free hotspot (no password required, such as a Starbucks or McDonalds) to do this initial setup stage.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
geoal1973

Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried with the open hotspot but still playbook doesn't found the SSID of the network in order to connect. I tried to manual connect with no success. I think that the playbook must go for sevice.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sure it might. If keep trying and contact your Playbook support

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
geoal1973

I did contact and they open a incident case for the problem. I think that my playbook will must sent for replacement as it seems that the fault is not replairable. They told me that they must see how the RMA procedure will go as I live in Greece and BB doesn't have a support center here.